Sunday, February 23, 2014

BENEFIT TO CELEBRATE

It has been an exceptional couple of weeks at J.James Auctioneers and Appraisers.  There were three Winter Storms the last 14 days and I had a benefit Auction scheduled right between them!  I was fortunate enough to be invited to speak at the Plymouth Rotary Club luncheon.  After a brief presentation, we conducted a quick live auction to benefit my favorite local charity "Helping Hands of the Plymouth Animal Shelter".

After running around Town with my hat in my hand, we amassed a great selection of gift cards from some of my favorite local haunts,  our lots even included a tour and tasting at Mayflower Brewery and two spots at Plymouth's original Art Bar.  The generosity of our local business owners is unmatched in America's Hometown. I just love doing benefit events, everyone wins and I can mercilessly guilt people into opening their wallets.

We also added an important team member to our staff.  He is eight pounds and black as coal...our new Labrador Retriever George.  George will be working security at the auction and may lend a paw to help catalog.  George has all the wonder of a Puppy learning and exploring his world.  I am confident that he will grow to be an important member of our team.


The catalog for our April 26th Militaria Auction is growing daily.  We have over 130 lots photographed and described so far, with about 400 more on the way over the next few weeks.  The work load is tremendous, but we are truly having fun researching this stuff,  this sale will be epic!  I will be posting some pictures in my next Blog, until then, enjoy Winter in New England.