Tuesday, November 26, 2013

AUCTION NIGHT NOVEMBER 19th

My favorite two aspects of my job are getting the stuff and selling the stuff, I guess that is my job when distilled and boiled down.  Auction night was a true success.  A large audience greeted me as I ascended the podium at six o'clock, with many familiar faces and some new as well.  I felt like the first couple of lots started us off a bit slow, as we had a flurry of left bids which won, but then the crowd kicked in and competition heated up the cold November air.

  The Plymouth specific antiques ignited interest with strong bids for the Indian Arrowheads and Antique Souvenir Porcelain.  The early Plymouth colony deed captured bids from the phone, floor and internet, before selling to a Cape Cod dealer.  Silver was another strong category.  Most of these glittering lots sold to the floor.  The large Dominick & Haff flatware set broke the $3500 mark, which I think will please our consignor!

I had a wonderful time bid calling and can't wait to do it again in January.  I would like to thank everyone who joined us for a great evening out, at America's Hometown Auction.  Thank you Chef Steve Coe of Bokx 109 for some truly amazing food and Bartending Service of New England for libations.  I am always grateful for my crew, which in my opinion is the best in the business.  I will see you all again January 21st, 6:00 P.M. at 83 Court Street.